If we are unsuccessful at addressing our business challenges, our business and results of operations may be adversely affected and our ability to invest in and grow our business could be limited.
Three broad categories are discussed:
- Dynamic and accelerating market trends, but especially "the market shift to cloud-related infrastructure, software, and services, and the growth in software-as-a-service business models. After all, the CEO has said that this is the single most significant business development she has seen in her career.
- Major competitors, e.g. IBM and Cisco, are expanding offerings of integrated products and solutions.
- Business specific competitors are targeting specific areas of HP's portfolio and going after new markets.
- Emerging competitors are introducing new technologies and new business models.
- The final set of challenges "relates to business model and go-to-market execution."